Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday Evening

I want to post more regularly.  Often, life gets in the way.

Family business has eaten up a whole week but it's all been 'good' business.  One of my adult kids begins medical school tomorrow, hundreds of miles away, so we've been busy sorting stuff, moving stuff, taking care of business.  I spent the weekend with the spouse in the university town in question, but it was more work than play and I'm glad to be home now.

I used to really enjoy blogging but I lost my interest in the process.  I had a lot to get off my chest back then.  These days, my life is linear and planned as opposed to helter skelter and directionless.  It took a long while to get to this stage in my life and I am pleased to say (to those people who may recognize me from my old Quest blog in which I moaned continuously about the sad state of my life and finances) that I let go and let .... my vision clear.

I've had some serious good luck along the way and the spouse and I have built up quite a substantial nest egg.  From once being steps away from the streets, with a young family, in debt, bankrupt, a spendaholic .... we now have options that we have worked hard for.  It has taken almost 8 years to get here, 8 years to change a mind set which is almost right where I need it to be.

I still have serious family problems.  Cat never kicked the drug habit and is estranged from us all.  As I type this, she is living in a garage in the desert, a victim of her own choices, an unwelcome guest for the family who also house her latest bum boyfriend.  I hope that she, like me, will wake up and realize that she MUST change if she is to survive.  Otherwise, I fully anticipate a sad ending to her life. I have advised the spouse to try to prepare for it.  He is the one who will have to make the morgue trip, not I, for it will finish me.  I have put myself back together over the years for the sake of my family and one more traumatic event will blow me apart.  I have made my peace with Cat.  Her erratic behavior proved to be far too much for any of us to handle.  She is probably bipolar but refused treatment, therapy or meds when it was offered to her.  As sad as it is to write, we are all better off with Cat out of our lives ... unless we are truly able to help her.  If she will ALLOW us to help her.  Mental illness SUCKS.

Tomorrow is August 1st.  My plan is to begin to completely clear out and clean up the upstairs part of my house.  I need to go through my closet, sell furniture, paint, clean the bathrooms, clear out all closets and get TOUGH with my stuff.  I don't have much left but still there are remnants from past lives and the things that I love that I never wanted to part with.  I tell myself that it is just stuff, that the memories are not the stuff itself, and that I will not miss it when it's gone because that has absolutely been the case every other time I have donated items.  I don't miss them once they are gone.  Thank goodness for that.

8 comments:

  1. Hey congratulations on getting to a better place with yourself, nice to see you decided to pop up again in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi csdx! Thanks for dropping by ....I try to be accountable and blogging definitely helps me to do that so here I am again, in another incarnation LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back - just found you today through another blog!!! You sound so much better - wishing you & husband all the best & looking forward to reading about your future adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Susie Q ~ thanks and glad to see you too. Hope life has been treating you well. I definitely am feeling better these days .... I don't 'kick my own ass' as much as I used to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the event that at all conceivable, check whether you can get cash somewhere else, as it is basic to pay up to 300 percent in enthusiasm on a yearly premise. You may in any case wish to get the cash, yet you ought to know about a definitive expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This implies there are no portions for the borrower to stress over, hence enabling them to better concentrate on paying off their advance immediately and remaining over their funds. Also, one quick installment implies that the advance won't acquire any more intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Undoubtedly, the advances can have favorable circumstances over some different types of credit. For instance, they can be less expensive than unapproved overdrafts (which are outside the customer's control as far as regardless of whether they are allowed).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatever you can pay down on the credit is the best wagered to work out of a broadened title advance effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete